Software Licensing Terms and Agreement
- PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY LICENSING QUESTIONS. 99% of the inquiries we receive are fine to use the Flash Image Editor. If in question please contact or call us. 1 (714) 408-1305 or Skype: wireplanet1
- PLEASE NOTE: We want you to use the Flash Image Editor anywhere you want. Please just contact us to confirm your specific use is compatible with our licensing terms. We do not want to be too restrictive as to how you can use it. The only thing we do not want is for you to give it away as a free image editing service. It must be used for a specific purpose for you or your business not just to be an online image editor for public to edit any image or to draw traffic to your website for using a free online image editor. For instance; if you want people to select your art and edit it, that's fine. If you create posters and want to allow users to create posters on your website that's fine. If you have silly clipart and want to allow people to create funny images, that's fine. Here is an example of what we do not want www.imageeditor.net. Most every other use will be fine.
- SINGLE DEVELOPER EDITION is for Commercial or Personal use on one (1) website used by one (1) individual person or one (1) individual company and its employees and customers or clients. It must be used for a purpose. This version includes ActionScript3 source code and FLA files as well as PHP or Classic ASP server-side source code files. If you purchase this version you agree not to share the source code with a third party or upload the source code to a web server. It does not need to be behind a user login but it must be used for a specific purpose like editing or customizing your art, products, posters, templates, CMS integration etc.
- ENTERPRISE EDITION: Same as the Single Developer License but allows you to use it on more than one URL. If you wish to offer this as a feature in your content management system (CMS) or software for all your clients to use when they login or use your software then you will need to purchase the Enterprise version. The Enterprise Version also includes the complete source code and FLA files. Please contact us if you have any questions. This license is good for multiple websites owned by the same company on one server. This license is also good for one company that offers a web service (for example: a website or image hosting service) to many clients. Said clients cannot download the Flash Image Editor, it must be hosted on your server. The Enterprise Version is good for one server so if you need to use it on multiple servers you need to purchase a license for each server. Please ask about volume discounts or OEM licensing. If you purchase this version you agree not to share the source code with a third party or upload the source code to a web server. You also agree to keep this same agreement of source code confidentiality with any third party developers (especially freelance developers), programmers or persons that may see/view or manipulate the source code. Any freelance developer must only use it for your project. We may request to review your developer agreements or NDA should an issue arise.
- You can purchase it and offer it as a feature within your software or website. Example 1: You can include the Flash Image Editor as a feature in your Hosted Content Management Software, Custom Web Application or Distributed Software with an Enterprise License. Example 2: If you are a printing company or something similar you can use a Single Developer License to allow your clients and website visitors to design Business Cards, Flyers or Edit images that will be printed by your company but this printing company cannot offer it as a free service for anyone to use (the people using it must be your clients therefore it should be in a client or members area that they gain access to the Flash Image Editor by login or signup. If you have any questions about Licensing and how you can use the FIE, please contact us, we will evaluate your plans of usage and help you deploy a successful addition to your website or software.
- Please contact us for OEM licensing options. None of the above editions cover OEM licensing.
- You also agree to keep this same agreement of source code confidentiality with any developers, programmers or persons that may see/view or manipulate the source code (especially freelance developers). If you contract or use a third party developer, programmer or anyone to update or make changes to this software then you are required to have a signed confidentiallity agreement with that developer or firm. Your agreement with said developer/firm must abide by these licensing terms of source code confidentiality. Please contact us if you have any questions before supplying the source code to anyone.
- You cannot distribute or redistribute this as a feature in your Application without prior written consent. However we are very open to allowing it to be included in third party software so please contact us for permission. We have done it many times so please just ask. If you are interested in including this online image editor as a module or feature in your software for distribution then your software must provide a different service other than just being an image editor.
- You are permitted to install this software on one test/private server and one live/production server per license with any version.
- This software, Flash Image Editor, is provided "as-is". No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied. Use it at your own risk. All sales are final.
- Any and all customizations are non-exclusive unless stated otherwise in writing prior to the customization work performed.
- You agree not share this software with any third party or person in accordance to these terms.
- WirePlanet.com LLC, its owners, officers, employees, agents, or affiliates will not be liable for data loss, equipment damages, damages, loss of profits or any other kind of loss while using or misusing this software. We make no claims to its performance.
- This license agreement can be modified or amended any time at our sole discretion without any notice.
- Purchasing any version of the Flash Image Editor signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of this license agreement.
If you have any questions about how you can use this application please just contact us and ask. We'll give you a reply very fast.
Have a Question or Comment?
Please tell us why you are or are not buying this software so we can better adjust our terms to meet your needs.